• Rutland Downtown Farmers Market: Saturdays from 10am-2pm inside at 251 West Street, Rutland.
• Rutland Area Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice Blood Pressure and Foot Care Clinics. Suggested donation of $2 for blood pressure and $10 for foot care. For more information please call 775-0568.
Wednesday 3/12/14 Templewood Court, 5 Tremont St., Rutland 10:00 am
Thursday 3/13/14 Benson Heights, 2747 Stage Road, Benson 10:00 am
Thursday 3/13/14 Castleton Meadows, Route 30, Castleton 12:30 pm
Wednesday 3/19/14 Dorset Nursing Office, 909 Route 30, Dorset 9:00 am
Wednesday 3/19/14 Sheldon Towers, Sheldon Place, Rutland 9:00 am
Wednesday 3/19/14 Linden Terrace, 191 Grove St., Rutland 11:00 am
• RAVNAH Cholesterol Screenings for $30 every month Clinics held at the Rutland Office are the 1st Monday - call 775-0568 for an appointment. Clinics held at the Dorset Office are the 3rd Wednesday - call 362-1200 for an appointment.
• Storytime, Saturdays at 10:30am at the Chittenden Public Library. Join us for songs, stories, and activities. Geared for ages 5 and under. Children must be accompanied by an adult. chittendenpubliclibrary.com
• Knitting & Craft Night Thursdays from 6:30-8pm at the Chittenden Public Library. Bring your yarn, needles, patterns, and projects! It’s a great way to get that project done and visit with your neighbors. chittendenpubliclibrary.com.
• Open Mic Night at Turning Point Center of Rutland, 141 State St., Rutland, Wednesday March 12, 6-8pm. Music, fun, food, fellowship.
• Annual St. Patrick’s Day Corn Beer and Cabbage (or mac-n-cheese) Dinner. Friday March 14, 5-7pm at American Legion Post 50, Route 4A, Castleton, VT. $8 adult, $4 child under 12. Info: 802 468-8962.
• Bartonsville Grange 481 Corn Beef and Cabbage dinner March 14. Corn beef, cabbage, potato, carrots, dinner rolls, cake and brownies. Dinner starts at 5pm and goes until 7pm. Located across from the Vermont State Police Barracks just off Rt.103, follow the signs. Info: 802-875-4131.
• MRU Project Graduation 2014 Pampered Chef Bingo Fundraiser in the Mill River Cafeteria, Friday, March 14, at 6:30 PM (Doors open at 6:00). Tickets are available from any Mill River Union High School Senior, or at the door. $20 admission covers all games. Win great, useful Pampered Chef Items!! There will also be food, a raffle and 50/50 drawing!
• Osher Event. Friday March 14 at 1:30pm. Art historian, Bob Manning, will give a talk, Frida Kahlo and the Mexican Muralists, at the Godnick Center, 1 Deer St., Rutland, VT. Osher membership or $5.
• St.Alphonsus35th AnnualSt. Patrick's Day Dinner atSt. Alphonsus Parish Hall, Pittsford, VT, Sunday, March 16 from 4 to 6pm. Corned beef, ham and cabbage, mashed potatoes, carrots and rolls homemade pies, cakes and assorted desserts, hot and cold beverages. All cooked and served by our authentic Catholic Irish* community. Kid's buffet: chicken nuggets, beverages and dessert. Meals to go available call Jon Carrara 558-7641 before and during the dinner. Adults: $9. Children: $3. *because everyone is Irish onSt. Patty's Day... Right?
• Great Teacup Auction, Friday, March 14. Viewing at 5:30pm, bidding at 5:45pm at the Modern Woodmen Hall, West Main St., Route 30 in Wells, VT. Over 25 tables of household goods, cereals, canned goods, toiletries, videos, books, knickknacks, house plants, baked goods. Also a small silent auction. Hot dogs, chili dogs, maple baked beans, beverages and desserts available.
Back to top
• Community BreakFast, Saturday, March 15, 8 – 10am at St. Luke's Episcopal Church, Corner of North Main and Allen Streets, Fair Haven, Farm-fresh scrambled eggs, sausage, homemade biscuits and preserves, juice, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate in a friendly, family-style atmosphere. Only $1.00 per person -- kids 14 and under free! Handicapped-accessible dining available on the main floor.
• Adirondack Bluegrass League Meeting/Jam/Pot Luck, Sunday,March 16, 1pm, LakeLuzerne Town Complex
539 Lake Avenue, Lake Luzerne, NY. Bring something to share for potluck, bring your instruments for jammin'. Everyone welcome. www.adirondackblue
• March 18 & 25, April 1 & 8, Killington Arts Guild Class, "Tuesday Noontime Knitters" at the Sherburne Memorial Library with Dianne Trivers. Starting March 18, four Tuesday classes 12:30-2pm. Open to all levels. Knit and meet others in a supportive and creative setting. Fee $30; minimum of four participants. RSVP to receive materials list at email@example.com or 802-422-4971.
• The Green Mountain Chapter of GE Retirees will meet Wednesday, March 19 at Franklin's in Proctor, Vt. at 12 noon. A short business meeting will follow the luncheon.
• FREE preview screening of Medora, followed by a community discussion about sports in our community. Wednesday, March 19, 7pm at Rutland Free Library, Nella Grimm Fox Room. Presented by ITVS Community Cinema, VPT, and the Rutland Film Society and Free Library. Info: www.pbs.org/independentlens/
• Song circle and jam session will be held Wednesday, March 19, at the Godnick Adult Center in Rutland from 7:15 to 9:15 p.m. Singers, players of acoustic instruments and listeners welcome. Donations are welcome. Info: Jack Crowther at 775-1182 or www.wildwoodsmusic.org.
Back to top
• Grocery BingoFriday March 21,2014 Clarendon Elementary School. Doors open 6pm. Bingo starts 7pm $4 a strip and $12 four strips. Refreshments available and raffles.
• Osher Event. Friday March 21 at 1:30pm. Art historian, Bob Manning, will give a talk, The Odd Couple: Vincent Van Gogh and Paul Gauguin, at the Godnick Center, 1 Deer St., Rutland, VT. Osher membership or $5.
• “Prize” Bingo Fundraiser, Saturday March 22 at Knights of Columbus, 21 Merchants Row, Rutland. Doors open at 11am, bingo at 12pm. $20 per person at door, includes 2 books, 1 door prize ticket and 3 raffle tickets. Additional cards and tickets available. 15 games, 30 winners. 50/50, raffle, bake sale. Benefits Relay for Life Rutland County. Info: Michelle: 802-236-7777 or802-948-2540, Louise: 802-683-8201.
• Rutland County Child Center & Community Partners invite you to the 6th Annual Dr. Seuss Birthday Celebration! Saturday, March 22 10am to 2pm at the Rutland County Parent Child Center, 34Faivre Circle in Brandon. Meet The Cat in the Hat, games, food, music, storytelling and much more. 802 247-8251
• Upward Bound Basket Raffle, Saturday, March 22, 11am-3pm at American Legion Post #50, Castleton, VT. $5 admission and 25 tickets, $2 additional ticket sheets.
Special Raffle of a 39” RCA 1080p 60Hz LED Ultra-slim HDTV and LG Blueray DVD Player. 50/50 Raffle. Refreshments for sale. Proceeds benefit the Castleton Upward Bound Scholarship Fund. Info: Jen at 802-468-6404.
• Pittsford Lions Club is holding a Maple Week-end Pancake Breakfast, Saturday, March 22. Pittsford Congregational Church, US RT 7, Pittsford VT. 7:00 - 11:00. Adults $6 children 10 & under $3. Menu is pancakes sausage, scrambled eggs, bacon, home fries, juice, coffee etc.
April 1 - April 12
2014 Hunter Safety Course at Mendon Fish & Game Clubhouse, East Pittsford Road, Pittsford, Vermont. Tuesday 4/1, Thursday 4/3, Tuesday 4/8, Thursday 4/10 6:30 to 9:15pm. Saturday 4/12 8am to Noon. Pre-registration required before March 31. Call Larry Sears at 802 775-1733.
Back to top
Calendar events should be mailed to Samís Good News, 162 North Main St., Stony Brook Plaza, Rutland, VT 05701 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to your event. We are unable to take calendar events over the phone. Any event that is ongoing will appear for three weeks and will have to be resubmitted if you would like it to continue in the calendar.
Back to top