West Rutland Library Weekly Story Time Tuesdays at 10am starting September30. Bring your young children to enjoy stories and crafts. Info: 438-2964.
• Maclure Library Book Sale, Saturday, September 27, 9am - 3pm. Thousands of great hardbacks and paperbacks with most priced at $1 or $2, CDs $1, and children’s books starting at 25 cents.Over 100 cookbooks. Rain or shine on the front lawn under tents. Volunteers needed to set up at 7:30am.
• Public Breakfast, Sunday, September 28, 7 to 10am. French Toast, sausage, Bacon, Juice, Donuts, Coffee. $7. At Marble Lodge #76, 100 South Main St, Danby, VT 05739
• Vermont Rental Property Owners Association monthly meeting, Wednesday October 1 at VFW Post #648, 15 Wales Street, Rutland, Vermont in the main room at 7pm. Guest speaker will be Jim Toher from Casella Waste Management who will be talking about recycling in multi-family buildings. The public is invited. For further information call Ron 802-725-8194 or Pat 802-775-3660.
• A song circle and jam session will be held Wednesday, Oct. 1, at the Godnick Adult Center in Rutland from 7:15 to 9:15pm. Singers, players of acoustic instruments and listeners. Donations welcome. Info: Jack Crowther at 775-1182 or visit the Wild Woods Music Co-op website at www.wildwoodsmusic.org .
• Community Supper: Chicken w/biscuits, mashed potatoes, winter squash, baked beans, cole slaw, dessert, coffee, milk, more. Located at the Mill Village Chapel Route 7 North- Rutland Town. Bring your own plate and silverware. $9 Adults $4 under 13. Proceeds benefit the operating fund.
Back to top
• Thursday Hikers, Thursday, October 2. Discover interesting trails in Merck Forest in Rupert. Moderate. Donation. Meet at 9am at the Godnick Center, 1 Center Street, Rutland, to car pool. Bring lunch. Contact: Tom Copps, 282-1675
October 2 & 3
• Rummage sale at Grace Congregational Church, Center Street Entrance, 6:00 pm to 9 pm. Something for everyone at low prices. Friday October 3 Bag Sale at Grace Congregational Church, Center Street entrance, 9am to noon. Price based on size of bag- $1, $2, $3, $5
• Wildwood Open Mic, Friday, October 3, 7pm at Church of the Wildwood, 347 Holden Rd., Chittenden. Musicians, poets and storytellers of all ages invited to perform. Refreshments available. Come entertain and/or listen and sing along. Portion of free-will donation will combat Huntington’s Disease. Contact Donna Martin at (802) 483-2234 or email email@example.com for a 10-minute spot.
• Book Signing. New England Author Daniel Connaughton will be at the Maclure Library in Pittsford to sign copies of his two new books - Imora and Keeper of the Bones. Saturday, October 4th at 9:30 am - 12 noon, Refreshments will be served. Call 483-2972 for more details.
• The Rutland Church of the Nazarene is presenting "The Middle River Gospel Band" in concert. Saturday October 4, 7pm. Rutland Church of the Nazarene, 112 Lincoln Ave. Rutland, Vt. Fellowship after concert with dessert. Free will offering. Info: 747-9977.
• Walk in the Woods: 50 Years of Stewardship and 40 Years of Tree Farming at Dodge Rd., Chester, VT, October 4, 9am– 1:30pm. Contact: Kathleen Wanner 802-747-7900 or firstname.lastname@example.org. When a young minister and his wife—living in a church-owned parsonage on minimal salary (think $3600/year)—start to consider purchasing real property, tree farming comes to mind. In the 1960s, the Gustafsons began their long journey as land stewards and Tree Farmers. Help celebrate the Gustafson’s long commitment as good stewards of the land. The program will take place rain-or-shine, and will require some walking. All are welcome. No cost but pre-registration is appreciated. Call 802-747-7900 or visit website at www.vermontwoodlands.org for additional details and directions. Bring a bag lunch.
Back to top
• Compass Music and Arts Center Collectors Show on Sunday, October 5 from 10-4pm. A wide range of small antiques, collectibles, ephemera, vinyl and vintage recordings and audio equipment will be for sale. Join us whether you are a serious collector or just browsing. Visit www.cmacvt.org or call 802-247-4295 for more details.Located in Park Village at 333 Jones Dr. Brandon VT, 05733 (Park Village used to be the Brandon Training School, located 1.5 miles north of downtown Brandon off of Arnold District Rd.) .
• In honor of the Feast Day of St. Francis of Assisi, patron saint of animals the Rutland County Humane Society and Father Liam Muller of Trinity Episcopal, Church will host the Blessing of the Animals, Sunday, October 5th at 2pm at the humane society. The blessing will be held outside, rain or shine. All pets are encouraged to attend. Info: 483-9171.
• Annual Fall Dinner at St. Stanislaus Kostka Parish, West Rutland. Seatings -1pm & 4:30pm. Take-outs- 2:30-3:30. Tickets $12 adults $5 children. Call Ceil 802-438-5689 Vickie 802-438-5522. Purchase tickets in advance
• Chocolate Festival and Silent Auction at the Holiday Inn in Rutland. For an admission fee of $5.00 you will be welcomed to a sampling of many delectable chocolate desserts. The silent auction will feature 350 plus items ranging in value from $10 to $1,500. These items include toys, a birthday party, Red Sox memorabilia, meals, jewelry, overnight stays, barbecued food items, things for your home or fish for your pond. Proceeds go to local charities and missions. If you have any questions please call 802-773-2460 between 8am and noon.
October 11 & 12
• Mt Holly Town Library Book Sale, Saturday, October11 and Sunday, October 12 – 10 am to 4 pm. Biggest and last book sale of the year. Not only will the sale book shed be open but a tent and tables will be set up for the overflow. Large collection of children’s books plus all the other genres. Don’t miss this chance to stock up for your winter reading. Rain or shine. 26 Maple Hill Road, Belmont, Vermont. Also enjoy a craft fair and cider pressing directly across from the library! Info: 802-259-3707.
• Celebration of Life Tea Party (men and women) on Sunday, October 12. All cancer survivors are invited to join us. Refreshments served from 1pm to 3pm at the Rutland VFW, 15 Wales Street, Rutland, Vermont. Come join us for a couple of hours of a social gathering of those surviving cancer!! Sponsored by the Rutland County Ladies Auxiliary VFW Post 648
Back to top