• Rutland Downtown Farmers Market - Saturdays from 10am-2pm inside at 251 West Street Rutland, VT and Wednesdays from 4pm-7pm inside at 251 West Street Rutland, VT.
• The Castleton Downtown Gallery in Rutland will feature the works of Vermont artist Sean Dye through January 10, with a reception scheduled for Friday, December 12 at 6pm. The exhibit will feature paintings and drawings that represent scenes from across Addison County Vermont. Located on Center Street Alley in Rutland gallery is open Wednesday through Saturday from 11am - 6pm. Info: Sarah Karczmarczyk at castletoncollege
• The Christine Price Gallery at Castleton College will feature the works of local artists Bert Yarborough, Paul Bowen and M P Landis through December 19.The gallery on the Castleton College campus is open Monday through Friday From 8am – 4:30pm. Info: Sarah Karczmarczyk at castletoncollege
• RAVNAH December Foot Care Clinics. The cost of the foot clinic is $10. For more information please call 775-0568.
Thursday, 12/18/14, Fair Haven, Appletree Apartments, 7 Appletree Lane, 9:30 am
Wednesday, 12/31/14, Rutland, Godnick Center, 1 Deer St., 12:30 pm
RAVNAH Cholesterol Screenings for $30 every month:
Clinics held at the Rutland Office are the 1st Wednesday - call 775-0568 for an appointment. Clinics held at the Dorset Office are the 3rd Wednesday - call 362-1200 for an appointment.
• Help With Health Insurance. Open enrollment for health care insurance plans February 15th. If you need help finding the best plan for you or your family, the Navigators at the Rutland Free Clinic are ready to help. The service is free and you can get started by calling 775-1360 and ask for Carol or Laurie to set up an appointment or walk in from 9-4 to 145 State Street.
• West Rutland Library Events. Lego Club - meets every Thursday afternoon 3:00-4:30pm. Children of all ages are invited to come and create! No Lego club 12/25th and 1/1. Story time- meets every Tuesday 10:00 am. Bring your young children to enjoy stories, crafts and playtime. Tucker the Library Reading Dog- Beginner readers read books to Tucker an Australian Shepherd. Tucker promises to listen intently to your child. Sign your child up to read to Tucker. Please call the library to set up your child’s appointment. 802-438-2964.
Back to top
• Green Mountain Chapter of GE Retirees Meeting, Wednesday, December 17 at the Franklin Howe Center in Rutland, Vt. at 12 noon for lunch. A short business meeting will follow. Please bring a nonperishable item for the Rutland City Mission.
• Meat Bingo sponsored by Rutland Ladies Auxiliary VFW Post 648, 15 Wales Street, Rutland, VT. Wednesday December 17 starting at 6pm. Proceeds to the Ladies Cancer Fund. Come win some meat and have fun.
• Song circle and jam session, Wednesday, December 17, at the Godnick Adult Center in Rutland from 7:15 to 9:150pm. The song circle welcomes singers, players of acoustic instruments and listeners. Donations are welcome. Info: Jack Crowther at 775-1182 or www.wildwoods
• Southwest Freedom Riders monthly meeting at 7pm Thursday, December 18, at Denny's Restaurant (361 Main St., (Rte. 7) Rutland, VT). Guests and new members welcome! For more information: 1-888-299-SWFR.
• Community BreakFast, Saturday, December 20, 8 – 10am, St. Luke's Episcopal Church, Corner of North Main & Allen Streets
Fair Haven. Enjoy farm-fresh scrambled eggs, sausage, homemade biscuits and preserves, juice, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate in a friendly, family-style atmosphere. As our holiday gift, this month's BreakFast is FREE to all! Handicapped-accessible dining available on the main floor.
• Santa Story Time at the Orwell Free Library, Saturday December 20 10am. Celebrate Santa during his busiest time of year! Listen to Santa stories, do a Santa craft, and eat a holiday snack. Santa may even drop by to say hello!
• Winter Movie Series: Home Alone, Tuesday, December 23, Rutland. Don’t miss this holiday favorite in high definition on the big screen! Starring Macaulay Culkin, Joe Pesci, and Daniel Stern. Free. 7pm, Paramount Theatre, 30 Center St., Downtown Rutland. Info at (802) 773-9380, www.rutland
Back to top
• Slate Valley Community monthly breakfast, Saturday, December 27 from 8-10am at the Poultney United Methodist Church on Main Street. Please join us for a delicious breakfast of scrambled eggs, sausage, homemade biscuits, jams, juice, tea and hot chocolate. Adults $1.00 and children under 15 free. Handicapped accessible. Everyone is welcome to attend and we look forward to seeing you! This breakfast is held the last Saturday of every month. Take-outs available.
Back to top
Calendar events should be mailed to Sam’s Good News, 162 North Main St., Stony Brook Plaza, Rutland, VT 05701 or emailed to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to your event. We are unable to take calendar events over the phone. Any event that is ongoing will appear for three weeks and will have to be resubmitted if you would like it to continue in the calendar.
Back to top